Sunday, March 1, 2009

Project Case Study: GetHelp!

The idea of Get Help is great. The functionality of the interface is quite clear. But I think there a few short-comings when it comes to interface design. when I think of using this app.

The whole idea is to get help. The need quick help option is great. But it would be better if there were a categories option. Where I would could choose categories for my help - for instance it would be easier for me to ask friends who've lived in Germany for a while where I can find vegetarian food - I can choose categories food and travel.

I would like to see this categories in the Overview page. The 'What's new' and 'Call for Help' are only updates from friends. But I would also like to see only certain feeds - those I'm interested in tracking and those I'm interested in helping.

Display the badges more prominently in the statistics page. Vote for the reliability of the responder (like in e-Bay)

No comments:

Post a Comment